Thursday, September 30, 2010

Tiu Tiu Train (of Thought) Part 2

     First of all, I'm inviting everyone to follow me on twitter, not just for the latest on sports, but on food and restos as well.  www.twitter.com/fiftypesotweets    

      Here's the continuation of my exclusive interview with Smart Gilas insider Charles Tiu.  This time, we get into his thoughts and preferences.


From the 50 Peso Seats: To celebrate From the 50 Peso Seats 100th post, 10 top ten lists were made.  What is your pick on Best Sports Movie?


Charles Tiu: (I) Haven't watched too much sports movies, especially the old ones but i really like sports movies in general. I'd have to say Remember the Titans or Coach Carter, which I've watched like 5x. (my pick: Hoosiers)


FFPS: What about Most Beautiful Woman in Sports?


CT: Most Beautiful? i don't know.. tough one.. i like Stacy Keibler of WWE or maybe (Maria) Sharapova! (my pick: Melina of WWE) 


FFPS: What about Best Monicker?


CT: Best monicker... Sir Charles.. 'cause i love Charles Barkley. (my pick: Dean of Mean)


FFPS: Do you play NBA Fantasy?  Who would be your number one pick if you get to
pick first?


CT: Yes I do, and I often help people out too! Kevin Durant.. though Chris Webber told me he'd pick Dwight Howard.


FFPS:  Who is your pick to win the NBA MVP this season?  Will Miami win it all this
year?


CT: Kevin Durant will probably win the MVP this year. I don't think Miami will win it all. I hope they do because I sure don't want the Lakers to win again. I don't see any team beating the Lakers out West this year and the closest team that could would be Oklahoma. Boston will be in the thick of things again.


FFPS: Would you care to predict the outcome of this year's UAAP?


CT: I predicted the final four teams right, even before the season started, when even lasalites doubted their own team. It will be a tough one that will probably need three games, but i sitll say Ateneo will be victorious. (CT was right. Ateneo completed a three-peat, beating FEU 65-62 in the second and final game of the title series)


FFPS:  Who do you think is the best basketball player to come out of Xavier High
School?


CT: I can't speak of those who graduated ages ago, but probably Joseph Yeo (individually, athletically and skills wise) but as a team player and career so far, it's hard to match Chris Tiu too (2 mythical fives in the UAAP, National Team Captain)


But if you ask who the best player was while playing for Xavier in high school, it would definitely be Eric Yao.


FFPS:  What's keeping you busy nowadays?  Any business/project you want to invite
people to?


CT: I am doing something for the 10.10.10 Run for the Pasig River. I would definitely like to invite people to join. You don't have to be runners or what; you can just walk. This is our statement to show that we care about our river and this will show the government that they better do something about it. 120,000 runners will be a world record and it will make the Filipinos look good again, amidst all the recent controversy surrounding us.


FFPS: Thanks for your time.


CT: Thanks!

photos courtesy of gmanews.tv,  fanpop.com,

0 comments: