Monday, January 24, 2011

Besties (Part 2)

Everyone who knows me knows that 2010 was a great year for me, possibly one of the greatest.  What I'm not sure of is if people know that 2010 was so great because aside from winning Lifestyle Network's Clash of the Toque-en Ones (and a future cooking show), this blog was voted as finalist for Best Sports Blog in the 2010 Philippine Blog Awards.  To celebrate, here are some of the blog entries from last year I'm most proud of. (The first 4 were featured in this post.) Click the titles to read the original articles. Do you have a personal favorite? Let me know!





Synopsis: My favorite in my Top 10 Top 10s series to celebrate my 100th post, I pick my 10 most beautiful women in sports, but not solely based on their looks.

Favorite Line from the Post: If there is any doubt as to why she's (Melina) number 1, I suggest taking a gander at the video below, which features, as Good ole JR says, "The Greatest Ring Entrance in the History of the WWE."




Synopsis: In a span of a day, two NBA franchises, Cleveland and Oklahoma City, lost their franchise player and locked theirs for another 5 years, respectively, in the most contrasting of manners.  Take a gander at the tale of two franchises' rise and fall.

Favorite Line from the Post: OKC, you lucked into a good man, one fathers would kill for.  Cleveland?  Papa warned you about men like him.


Synopsis: Lost in the 2010 Football World Cup fever was one of the greatest, most touching victories by a Filipino in the sporting world.  It would be great for everyone to read about Django Bustamante and his agonizing journey to greatness.

Favorite Lines from the Post: The greatest of sports moments are always the victorious stories of athletes who've overcome adversity to reign in their sport.  I know of no greater adversity than losing one's daughter while doing battle in a foreign land.  This is why I shed a tear for Django's victory.  


Synopsis: My most widely read post ever, it is a recounting of my visit to Smart GIlas' practice session, a few weeks before the Asian Games.  I wrote the post in play-by-play form, devoid of too many fancy literary styles, which actually enhanced the "as if you were there" experience.

Favorite Lines from the Post: Another drill involving post ups are executed, and by this time all players, are sweating like crazy, visually out of breath.  Finally, Toroman signals for a water break, eliciting an emphatic, "Yes!" from Baracael. 

0 comments: