Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The "Most" List

     When I started this blog, I never meant for it to last this long, but a couple of Philippine Blog Awards nominations pretty much nudged me to continue writing.  This, believe it or not, is the 200th post of From the Fifty Peso Seats.  Not bad, eh? So here's the "Most" list, my quick compilation of the posts with the "mosts." Sorry. I just had to type it. 

Most Read: Top 10 "Top 10s" Most Beautiful Women in Sports


Link: http://fiftypesoseats.blogspot.com/2010/05/top-10-top-10s-most-beautiful-women-in.html

Highlight: The Melina ring entrance video justifying her number 1 position

Ana Ivanovic:placed 2nd in my list
     As part of my celebration in reaching 100 posts, I wrote 10 "Top 10" lists and this one was wasily the most popular, and easiest to write.  It helps that internet searchers find this post after searching for their favorite female athletes.  By the way, the first paragraph explains how I am not sexist by writing this post, just in case you're wondering.



Most Comments, aka Hatred: Open Letter to PBA Commissioner Chito Salud


Link: http://fiftypesoseats.blogspot.com/2011/04/open-letter-to-commissioner-chito-salud.html

Highlight: In the comments section, I was actually called a, "bitter herb." Awesome.

     In what my friend Tibibord dubbed my "Michael Cole" moment, a quick, coordinated attack from Baranggay Ginebra fans ensured this post's comment section would be epic.  Not proud of how my then favorite Ginebra team was hurting the Smart Gilas National Team, I wrote the post to remind people of the difference between playing physical and hurting the opponents.  The Baranggay has forbidden me to root for the Gin Kings since then.

Post I Wish Would Be Most Read : Top 10 "Top 10s" Greatest Filipino Athletes (1920-1970)


Link: http://fiftypesoseats.blogspot.com/2010/06/top-10-top-10s-greatest-filipino.html

Highlight: A rare Pancho Villa video I found on Youtube.


How many remember Felicisimo Ampon?
     Most of my Top 10 lists were for fun, but my 99th and 100th posts were dedicated to championing the Filippino athletes.  I wish more people read this particular one, since the athletes featured are less known and have been mostly forgotten.







Post I'm Most Proud Of: A Fly on the Wall (at Gilas Practice)


Link: http://fiftypesoseats.blogspot.com/2010/10/fly-on-wall-at-gilas-practice.html

Highlight: This is the time I found out someone from the UAE read my blog.  Coolness.

     A trip to Smart Gilas' practice to interview Chris Tiu gave me an opportunity to stay and watch the team practice under then coach Rajko Toroman.  In the middle of practice, I decided to do away with my writing style and just describe the practice the way I saw it.  It has turned into my favorite post of all time.  I still hope that Coach Rajko and the Gilas team gets to read this.

Most Funny Post: Poisonous Cocktail


Link: http://fiftypesoseats.blogspot.com/2010/08/poisonous-cocktail.html

Highlight: The Dobol Dribol video, but of course!

His pool talent wasn't meant for showbiz
     I couldn't believe myself when I realized that while writing an article about how athletes should avoid showbiz, I found comedy gold. I wish more people would've seen this post too.  The youtube videos I found had me in stitches and I think any sports or movie fan would too.

0 comments: